Back to All Events
Grounding for Transformed Lives: Equality and Justice
- How does our meeting benefit from established patterns of prejudice, exploitation and economic convenience? What are we doing to change this?
- How and how often does our meeting engage in a self-examination of its attitudes and actions regarding race, ability, gender, sexual orientation or class?
- What steps are we taking as a meeting to inform ourselves about social injustice and ecological violence embedded in our political and economic systems?
- What steps are we taking as a meeting to assure that our meeting and the committees and institutions under our care are respectful of the earth and its people?
- Do I regularly examine myself for attitudes and behavior that indicate any hidden prejudice regarding race, gender, sexual orientation, disability or class?
- How do my lifestyle choices affect—positively or negatively—the causes of justice and peace in our nation, the community of nations and the whole of creation?
- How do I demonstrate in my way of living, and in what I teach my children, that love of God entails acknowledging “that of God in every person”?